Settings for an S725X polar HRM for multisport events

Ask any triathlon, adventure racing or multisport questions

Settings for an S725X polar HRM for multisport events

Postby pldb64 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:31 pm

Hi All,

I've been using my S725x polar HRM for a good while now quite happily but typically only used it setup for a single event (eg run OR bike OR Swim).

I started trying to figure out how to get it setup properly for multievent use and ran aground.

Anyone got any experience in this area that they care to share?

I'd also be interested in understanding how to PROPERLY set limits on the thing since even though i know its got up to the 3 sets of limits that can be configured, i can only ever get results recorded in the first setting. I figure i'm doing something wrong, but can't figure out what!

Guru's please step up!

Thanks
Peter
pldb64
User

Postby Martin » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:37 pm

Peter

I have only got to the basics on my 625, and having to go back to the manual constantly. Any tricks and I would be interested as well.

Martin
Martin
User

Postby pldb64 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:47 pm

Hi Martin,

I've at least been able to work out how to "stitch" multiple events together so that they can be viewed as a single event.

I tried this out on the weekend where i used basic use settings "E0" for all three legs, but restarted the time after each - that way i had the speed setting set to "bike" for the swim and the bike and then changed it over to "run" as i came out of T2. Seemed to capture results more accurately than when i just set it to "bike" all the way through.

Happy to compare notes when we next meet up if you wish.

Peter
pldb64
User

Postby Martin » Tue May 18, 2010 11:20 am

Peter

Thanks....it is obvious that triathletes wern't really considered when this was designed.

I'll give it a go, but must admit that my mind is not usually tuned into watch setting at transitions. Another skill to be learnt!

Martin
Martin
User

Return to "Ask a Triathlete"