Sports Physio or Podiatrist

Ask any triathlon, adventure racing or multisport questions

Sports Physio or Podiatrist

Postby JonS » Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:59 pm

Can anyone recommend someone who can help with Achilles and foot problems? Having started running again after most of the year off with Achilles pain I now seem to have injured the arch of my foot.

Any help is much appreciated.
JonS
User

Postby Catherine » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:47 pm

Hi Jon,

I can recommend Mathew Thomas at Back on Track Podiatry (foot kinetics). Mathew's clinic is located in Florence Street right near Hornsby Westfield. I consulted Mathew earlier this year whilst recovering from a running injury sustained after completing the Sydney marathon last year and for a review of my orthotics. I was really pleased with Mathew's service and attribute my return to running to Mathew's treatment and advice. Mathew is a runner himself and competes at a National level. Here is the link to Mathew's website where you will find his contact details and a selection of interesting links. Hope all goes well.

http://www.backontrackpodiatry.com.au/i ... e&Itemid=1

Regards

Cath
Catherine
User

Postby JonS » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:16 am

Thanks Cath,

Finally got to see Mathew a couple of Mondays ago and very impressed. He filmed me running and then showed me the part my stride that has contributed to my Achilles pain. He then gave me some drill to help this area and plenty of advice on shoe selection.

Not sure what guests thought of me jogging backwards, barefoot, up and down the corridor of the hotel in Seoul last week but it certainly seems to be helping.

Jon.
JonS
User

Return to "Ask a Triathlete"