What do you do whilst racing.....??

For everything & anything not involving racing, training or classifieds

What do you do whilst racing.....??

Postby Martin » Mon May 14, 2012 5:51 pm

Man juggles his way through triathlon
Tuesday, April 10, 2012
May 14, 2012

If slogging through a triathlon wasn't hard enough, a US man has upped the ante by becoming the first person to complete a triathlon while juggling.

Joe Salter, 31, from Florida, juggled three ball non-stop while swimming 400m, biking 26km and running 6.4km in the Flora-Bama Mullet Man Triathlon last month.

Salter, who has been juggling since he was eight years old, told Orange News it had been a long-standing ambition.

"For a long time, it's been a joke among the joggling community," he said.

He placed 147 out of 246 participants and completed the event in under two hours.

Salter said the swim had been the hardest leg (no real surprise there), and the only one in which he had technically dropped the balls.

"It's difficult and complex," he said. "It takes a lot of work and you're basically just using your legs. Plus, swimming in open water makes it harder. It's not like in a pool.

"I dropped balls three times while I was in the water and I was wondering if I should count them as 'dropped balls' since they just floated on the surface and didn't actually drop."

"It would have been worse if I had dropped them while biking because it would have been time-consuming to go back and pick them up."

We're not sure if he managed to keep a straight face with all this talk of balls dropping but he did raise over $2200 for Ronald McDonald House Charities of north-west Florida.

Return to General Chat