Can I Join?

For everything & anything not involving racing, training or classifieds

Can I Join?

Postby StuM » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:02 pm

Hi HTC,

I've just moved to Wahroonga from Singapore, and am very interested in joining the Hornsby Tri Club. I have the membership form ready to complete, but thought I'd check whether there are any membership requirements (Disclaimer points noted), or specific triathlon standards that I need to meet.

Apologies if this seems a dumb question, but I've never joined a tri club before.

Thanks very much!

Stu
StuM
User

Postby SHTark » Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:52 pm

Hi Stu,

Welcome to the area. The only thing we require is that you are a nice guy and are happy to have some fun during your training and racing. :D :wink:

We cater to all abilities. Most years we have a couple of members heading off to world championships in various distances (in the last month we've had one member at the Ironman World Champs in Hawaii and a couple at the Long Course Worlds in Las Vegas) but the majority of our members (including most of the guys that go to Worlds) are in it for fun, fitness and personal achievement.

So send in or bring along your membership and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Adrian Stark.
HTC President
Train Hard, Race Harder, Party Hardest!!
SHTark
Site Admin

Postby StuM » Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:51 pm

Thanks Adrian!

I think I fit those requirements, and their requirements I like very much. Very impressive having members at the world champs!

When you say "bring along", is that to one of the training sessions detailed on the web site?

Cheers!

Stu
StuM
User

Postby SHTark » Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:14 pm

Hi Stu,

Sorry, should have been a little clearer there. If you are planning on coming to one of our aquathlons, we can take your membership then. For any of the other sessions it's best to check beforehand if either the registrar or myself will be there.

Cheers,
Adrian.
Train Hard, Race Harder, Party Hardest!!
SHTark
Site Admin

Return to General Chat