2009 HTC Awards Night

For everything & anything not involving racing, training or classifieds

2009 HTC Awards Night

Postby Catherine » Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:44 pm

Just when you thought things couldn't get anymore exciting with the announcement last night of Australia's Biggest Loser, the announcement of Australia's favourite dancer on Sunday night and the announcement that Jennifer Aniston is finally having a baby. Grab your diary because there is one event you wont want to miss this year and that's Saturday 27 June. It's one of the biggest and most exclusive events on the Sydney social calendar.

Yes, that's right. The HTC Awards night is on again and we want you to join us for a night of great food and fantastic company as the Club celebrates the achievements of members and friends and formally honours the support and efforts of everyone who has been associated with the Club this year.

Here are the details:

Date: Saturday 27 June 2009

Venue: Auditorium – Pennant Hills Bowling Club
52 Yarrara Road Pennant Hills

Time: 6.30pm- pre dinner drinks 7.15pm-buffet dinner

Cost: $35.00 per person (partners are most welcome at the same cost)

RSVP: 10 June 2009

To confirm your attendance, kindly deposit your payment into the HTC bank account by 10 June 2009. The details are:

Account name: Hornsby Triathlon Club
Bank: Commonwealth Bank
BSB: 062 - 308
Account no: 2802 9077

Please then send a reply post to:

catherinehume@optusnet.com.au advising date of payment, name and number of guests.

Hornsby Trialthlon Club looks forward to seeing you on the night.
Catherine
User

Postby Catherine » Tue May 05, 2009 3:53 pm

If you know you are attending the 2009 Awards night and you require a vegetarian meal, could you please notify me of your dietary requirements before 31 May so suitable arrangements can be made. Please ensure you review the menu that was included with the original post sent out approx 2 weeks ago before notifying me of your request at:

catherinehume@optusnet.com.au

Also, children are welcome to attend the Awards night. Children under the age of 15 years are $20.00 per head. Children over the age of 15 are $35.00 per head (ie. adult price).

Thank you
Catherine
Catherine
User

HTC Presentation night

Postby jodig » Mon May 25, 2009 12:26 pm

Hello all
Are other people taking their children to the presentation night?
Jodi
jodig
User

Postby Lisa » Mon May 25, 2009 4:37 pm

Hi Jodi,

I am considering it, also wanted to see if other children were going.

Cheers Lisa

ps. How's the windtraining going?
Lisa
User

Postby Catherine » Mon May 25, 2009 7:06 pm

Undecided at this stage. My chickens are ready for bed at 8.30pm which means the night has to end rather early for Steve and I or at least one of us. Dinner is not being served until 7.15pm and then awards/presentations etc will follow. Will let you know though closer to the event.

By all means though, children are most welcome :D
Catherine
User

Postby Martin » Tue May 26, 2009 11:25 am

Jodi/Lisa/Cath

I have a great record of bringing my kids along.

They have not wanted to get up on the tables and dance or anything!

Feed them...entertain them (always can rely on Nev and Stoney)...and they have never fallen asleep early!

Most importantly....they have always felt welcome.

Martin
Martin
User

Postby Catherine » Tue May 26, 2009 7:58 pm

That reminds me Martin - Nevoo is particularly skillful at entertaining the young ones.

I think there might be a special role for Neville on the Awards night ....... Neville Bradshaw - Awards Night Youth Games Coordinator. We could have a special area of the function room sectioned off with games, camp beds, story telling etc for the younger attendees with Neville as the supervisor.

What do you think Martin?
Catherine
User

Postby Martin » Wed May 27, 2009 3:14 pm

Cath

Neville has commented that he would be terrible at that and that I should quickly squash any coercion attempts. He has asked (ordered) me to convey:

He never tells stories.....
He hates playing games......
And as for camp beds......

What am I talking about.......he'd be brilliant!

Martin
Martin
User

Postby nev » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:11 pm

I'm not going to respond to your suggestion Catherine, but I would like to suggest a couple of teams for drink boat races - I want to be on Brads team.
nev
User

Postby Martin » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:54 am

Cath

I am sure as Awards Night Youth Games Co-ordinator that Nev would only be suggesting cordial as drinks.

What colour do you think would set off the big kids for the night?

Red...green or blue!

Martin
Martin
User

Return to General Chat