HTC Family Away Weekend at Forster

For everything & anything not involving racing, training or classifieds

Postby Lisa » Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:06 pm

A weekend away with likeminded people. What else would you rather be doing in March next year?

Proposed for the weekend of the 27th March 2009, including Friday & Saturday night.

(Yes you’ll need to hit the road straight after work to get there, or take an early mark, & it’ll all be worth it!)

Location: Forster Gardens Holiday Park, See link for details: http://www.forstergardens.com.au/accommodation.htm

This is cottage style so perfectly suited for families, couples & singles, with great facilities for the children. Each cottage is self contained so self catering is the go or if you’d rather there are a number of eating locations around Forster.

Karen & I attended a Ladies Tri Camp here earlier in the year, & it’s well suited for training rides, runs, ocean & beach pool swims, Tai Chi in the park opposite or whatever your heart desires.

We’ll plan to have a number of training events over the weekend (TBA) & can organise some for the children as well. Coffee shop experiences are of course a given & within walking distance.

Cost is approx $30* per night per adult (including linen)
* Based on 6 adults in a cottage
There are concessions for children under 12yrs

Accommodation for 30 people is available, in combinations of 6 & 1 of 4.

In order to secure these we will need to make a reservation asap.

So…….. check your diaries (if you have one for 2009) & plant a post with expressions of interest & how many. I’d like to be making a booking by 7th Dec, any interest after this date will be subject to availability.

Cheers Lisa
Lisa
User

Postby nev » Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:20 pm

I'm in at this time, but what is a room 6 of 4?
nev
User

Postby Catherine » Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:11 pm

Neville,

You missed the chance of turning your question into a guessing competition :lol:

My guess is that all cottages accomodate 6 people with the exception of one cottage which accommodates only 4. Am I correct Lisa?
Catherine
User

Postby Lisa » Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:57 am

Yes Catherine you are correct!!! Well done. As for you Neville what's your problem?

I know it seems early to be planning holidays for March but we do need an idea of interest now so we don't miss out on this great location. It's always tricky booking in for groups of people. So get your names down if you're interested & we'll take it from there.
Cheers Lisa
Lisa
User

Postby Gracinda » Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:25 pm

Hi Lisa

Week end away with like minded people sounds great. I am interested at this stage, just need to check if I am going to Tasmania at the same time, been trying to get to Tasmania for a while, was thinking of end of March 2009.

For now can you please have my name down (2 adults).

Gracias
Gracinda
Start a love affair with life
Gracinda
User

Postby Lisa » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:12 am

Just to let you know this is still on the radar. Would appear that it's too much to think about pre Christmas. We will follow up in the New Year.
Cheers Lisa
Lisa
User

Postby Lisa » Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:35 pm

Hello everyone,

Following on from the note in Spin-effects we're ready to start planning the proposed Away Weekend at Forster. We're now looking for peoples interest so that we can firm up numbers & start putting a program together.

Please leave a note on the Forum expressing your interest, & we will solicite your feedback on what you would like included.

Your prompt response would be appreciated.

If you have any queries please give me a call.

Cheers Lisa
0421 277 350
Lisa
User

Return to General Chat